Within COST Action IC1307, applications should be submitted according the procedure detailed below:
Step 1 : Formal agreement and on-line registration by the applicant
- Obtain the written agreement of the host institution, before submitting an application;
- Complete the online application form (see online registration tool);
Step 2 : Formal STSM application and annexes
Send the completed online application form as e-mail attachment together with the following necessary supporting documents:
- list of publications
- letter of support from the host institution (signature and stamp)
- full work plan discussing the methodology and the connection with the combination of vision and language (max 2 pages)
to the STSM coordinator : Dr. Jordi Gonzàlez (jordi dot gonzalez at uab dot cat), Computer Vision Center and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Catalonia Spain.
Step 3 : Assessment of the STSM
The STSM Committee of the COST Action will perform the scientific and budgetary assessment of the applications considering the Action objectives and define an acceptable funding level;
Step 4 : Approval from the Management Committee
Once positively assessed by the STSM Committee and approved by the STSM Coordinator, the Grant Holder then sends a grant letter generated from e-COST to the applicant.
After the STSM
The grantee is required to submit a scientific report (3-5 pages, to be made publicly available at the iV&L Net website) to the host institution and the STSM coordinator for approval within 30 days after the end date of the STSM containing:
- Purpose of the STSM;
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM;
- Description of the main results obtained;
- Future collaboration with the host institution (if applicable);
- Foreseen publications/articles resulting from the STSM (if applicable);
- Confirmation by the host institution of the successful execution of the STSM;
- Other comments (if any).
The failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant.
The MC Chair (or the STSM coordinator) is responsible for approving the scientific report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
After receipt of the approval by email, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
Further information and rules
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the detailed information provided by COST.
- Full details on COST VADEMECUM
- COST website: Short Term Scientific Missions
- STSM procedure, presentation: Slides on the procedure for Short Term Scientific Missions