1 – 4 June 2015
University of Leuven, Belgium
Department of Electrical Engineering – ESAT
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10
About COST Action training schools
Training Schools provide intensive training in emerging research topics within the laboratories and organisations involved in the COST Action. Participants are mainly, but not exclusively, young researchers involved in COST Actions. Training Schools also cover appropriate re-training as part of life-long learning.
About the iV&L Net training school
The 2015 Summer School on Integrating Vision and Language is the first in a series of Summer Schools aimed at bringing together Vision and Language researchers and to provide the opportunity for cross-disciplinary teaching and learning. The aim is that each Summer School will build on the last, collectively providing a comprehensive body of information and learning materials about data, methods and applications in Computer Vision, Language Processing and their intersection, focusing particularly on the integration of vision and language processing.
Application Process for Training School Participants (‘Trainees’)
Update – 8/5/15 – Please note that due to overwhelming demand all places have now been filled and the application process has been closed.
- Make sure you are signed in to this website. If you have not yet become a member of the iV&L Net website click here to complete our sign up form
- If you would like to claim the Trainee Grant awarded to participating COST Country members and cooperating states please set up an e-Cost account, if you have not done this already (visit https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login/ to set up your account). Trainees from non-COST countries are welcome to attend the Training School but are not entitled to receive the Trainee Grant.
- Complete the application form below
- The form will be sent to the Action Chair for review
- You will be notified by email to confirm if you have secured a trainee place at the Training School
- The trainee will be sent a delegate pack by email
- The trainee will need to sign the attendance sheet each day during the Training School
- On completion of the Training School the trainee should submit their claim for the trainee grant via e-Cost.
The Trainee Grant
Trainee grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attend the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
Accommodation and meal expenses:
The amount afforded for accommodation and meal expenses for this Training School will be a flat rate of EUR 160 per day.
Travel costs flat rate zones:
Travel grants will be in the region of the figures shown below, final amounts are still to be confirmed.
Zone A: Belgium – 70€
Zone B: Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern France, North-western Germany – 150€
Zone C: UK, Ireland, Other France, Other Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria – 250€
Zone D: All other countries – 350€
Please note – The total Grant awarded to each eligible Trainee cannot exceed EUR 1500 (this includes the flat rate day rate for accommodation and meals and travel costs).