REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Due to overwhelming demand the training school registration process has now filled all available places and the ‘reserve list’ is also full.
Do feel free to sign up for member access to the website to enable additional content and participate in further discussion on your area of interest.
The 2nd Summer School on Integrating Vision and Language: Deep Learning
The 2016 Summer School on Integrating Vision and Language is the second in a series of Summer Schools aimed at bringing together Vision and Language researchers and to provide the opportunity for cross-disciplinary teaching and learning. The aim is that each summer school will build on the last, collectively providing a comprehensive body of information and learning materials about data, methods and applications in Computer Vision, Language Processing and their intersection, focusing particularly on the integration of vision and language processing.
The particular focus of iV&L SS16 will be deep learning for Vision and Language Integration. Through lectures and hands-on sessions, the summer school will cover the state of the art in using deep learning methods within our two disciplines, Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing.
Highlights from the Programme
A full programme will be published here in the coming weeks. Some highlights will include:
Lecture tutorials and practical sessions by (programme and topics to be finalised):
- Cees Snoek, Amsterdam University: Basics of Neural Networks
- Krystian Mikolajczyk, Imperial College London: Deep Learning Architectures
- NVIDIA Practical Sessions on Deep Learning
- Andrea Vedaldi, University of Oxford: Deep Learning for Applications with emphasis on CV
- Nal Kalchbrenner, Google DeepMind: Deep Learning for Applications with emphasis on NLP
- Richard Socher, MetaMind Inc: Deep learning for CV-NLP Integration Applications with emphasis on NLP
- Mario Fritz: Deep learning for CV-NLP integration applications with emphasis on CV
- Research Presentations
- Poster Session
- Student Session
- Social programme including tours of Valletta, lunches and dinners
Registration Process for Training School Participants (‘Trainees’)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED – all places and reserve list are full
- Make sure you are signed in to this website. If you have not yet become a member of the iV&L Net website click here to complete our sign up form.
- Complete the registration form below.
- The form will be sent to the Action Chair for review.
- You will be notified by email to confirm if you have secured a place at the Training School.
- If you would like to apply for the Trainee Grant, and you reside in a participating COST Country or cooperating state, please indicate this in the registration form below. In order for your application to be considered you need to set up an e-Cost account, if you do not have one already (visit https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login/ to set up your account). Trainees from non-COST countries are welcome to attend the Training School but are not entitled to apply for a Trainee Grant.
- You will be notified separately to confirm whether or not you have been awarded a Trainee Grant.
- All registered trainees will be sent a delegate pack by email.
- All trainees must sign the attendance sheet on each day during the Training School.
- On completion of the Training School trainees who have been awarded a Trainee Grant should submit their claim for the trainee grant via e-Cost.
The Trainee Grant
Trainee grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attending the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
Accommodation and meal expenses:
The amount afforded for accommodation and meal expenses for this Training School will be a flat rate of EUR 130 per day. This is awarded only for the days of the Training School (i.e. not for travel days).
Travel costs flat rate zones:
Travel grants differ according to region, as follows:
Zone A: Malta – 0€
Zone B: Italy, UK – 250€
Zone C: Luxembourg, Netherlands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Denmark – 300€
Zone D: All other countries – 350€
Please note – The total Grant awarded to each eligible Trainee cannot exceed EUR 870 (this includes the flat rate day rate for accommodation and meals and travel costs).